Wednesday 29 September 2010

Egotistical and reasonless wallowing

In my most recent post (here) I mentioned the comments I had left dated 27th September 2010 at http://kjv1611.org.uk/hivyersay/index.php

Here is my comment:

Thank you for replying to my earlier comment of September 21st.
I believe that you are misguided over the issue of the infallibility of the KVJ1611 version - but also about other things as well.
I've written in a little more length in my blog at: http://andrea-wright.blogspot.com/2010/09/popes-cardinals-catholicism-evil-and.html I do though, respect your right to your beliefs and also respect that you are prepared to allow people to leave messages on your guest book even where the message is in disagreement with you.
Andrea

At the moment, the replies I’ve received to this are:

Tommy H. Heffner Sr.:
Howdy Andrea,
This is from another poor "misguided" King James Bible Believer in the USA. I was just wondering if you were saved by the "Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ"? You weren't if you read in the "ASV" Colossians 1:14 in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins: OR in the "World English Bible" Colossians 1:14 in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; OR in the NIV Col. 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. OR in the ESV Col.1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. OR in the Good News Translation Col. 1:14 by whom we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven.
I could go on and on but I'll take the King James Bible Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Are you saved "by the blood" of Jesus Christ? Maybe you should check up on how you were saved!
Tommy H. Heffner Sr.
Bible Baptist Ministries
http://www.akjbible.com/


Hello Andrea,:
Your blog is obviously a self indulgent ego trip, as you were asked a reasonable question to your accusations. Andrea, you accused people of being mistaken. They asked you, “What may we ask 'are we mistaken about'?”
Your big answer goes like this “It begins with the infallibility of KJV 1611 thing. And the way that “reason” seems to be belittled and scorned whenever it seems to conflict with the infallible.
Andrea, you talk about having “reason” but have none in your whole blog. That is why I say you’re self indulgent. You like to hear yourself and be heard. If your statements to the questions posed are anything to go by, then you’re not very studious.
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
By your own statements you claim to have been a Christian, and now reprove people of wanting things set in stone. Here is a scripture perfect for you.
2 Peter 2:20-22 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Webmaster

And here … my additional comments added today – dated 29 September 2010:

Hello Tommy. Thank you for your comment added to my entry of 27 September.

Honestly, I do not see you as being a 'poor "misguided" King James Bible Believer'. Just misguided. I'm not attempting to pass judgement on your honesty or personality or character. All I'm saying is that I disagree with you. I think then I am not saved by the "Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ".

Thank you also Webmaster. I'm sorry that you feel my blog is "obviously" nothing more than a self indulgent ego trip. I'm impressed that you have read my whole blog ... I'm not aware of anyone else in the world that has done that, so thank you. I think though that to say that there is "no reason" in the whole of my blog ... well ... honestly ... that just isn't true. Honestly ... if I could look you in the eye and say this I would ... I firmly and honestly believe that the assertion that there is "no reason" in my blog is not true. This assertion is a lie. I would be very happy to meet you one day to discuss this further if you were willing. My whole life I have been a studious person ... ask my family or friends. I realise that some of what the Bible says is not easy to understand. But this has no relevance to my non-studious answers to the studious questions posed on your web site. I apologise if you find my reasoning difficult to follow - but honestly I am happy to meet with you so that you can explain to me and I can explain to you.

I know ...from your perspective I am blinded by Satan ... a dog that has turned to its own vomit ... a sow wallowing back in the mire. But from my perspective things are different.

Please feel free to add to the discussion at: http://kjv1611.org.uk/hivyersay/index.php … look for the comments from Andrea dated 27th and 29th September 2010.

No comments: