Saturday 2 June 2007

The closet door opening wider

I had an email back from L today. She's a lovely lady in Canada that I first met a long long time ago on ICQ.

We don't talk online these days, just communicate by occasional emails.

I have a lot of admiration for her. We are similar ages ... she has recently completed a course at University. Very easy to talk with.

I emailed her a few days ago telling her about Andrea.

Her reply was really lovely. I have a feeling it's not always easy to predict how people will react to discovering that a person is a transvestite.

A few of the things that she said really cheered me:

"Okay -- so that was a big announcement :) . But the only difference I see/feel is that you seem happier and that you are simply expressing another part of yourself in a more honest and open way. Women wear men's clothes all the time and no one seems to think that odd ( something I've always puzzled over). It must have been a big load off your mind to get this out in the open. No one should have to live with that kind of secret. This world would be a far better place if everyone felt they could be as open and honest as you have been. So that said -- welcome Andrea!"

No comments: